It's easy to use and enables you to manage your money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.†
Simply call 0345 721 3141
Overview & how to register
Telephone Banking is our quick, efficient and easy to use Telephone Banking service that lets you manage your money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.†
All the information you need to manage your money
Here's what you can do using our Telephone Banking service
- access your personal Current, Savings and Card accounts during the same call ^,
- check your balance and recent transactions,
- transfer money between your own and other UK bank accounts*,
- pay your bills*,
- cancel or hear details on your Direct Debits and set up standing orders*,
- order foreign currency and travellers cheques,
- apply for a loan - this service is available from 8am - 10pm, 7 days a week,
- order a debit card or replacement PIN,
- book an appointment at a branch of your choice,
- and much more
How to Register for Telephone Banking
To make the most of our Telephone Banking service you will need to have a 6-digit Security Number. If you don’t already have a Security Number, call us on 0345 721 3141 and one of our friendly Telephone Banking advisers will send yours in the post. Alternatively you can call in to your local branch to arrange for your Security Number to be sent in the post.
- When you call us to register you’ll be asked to enter your 8 digit account number and 6 digit sort code, these can be found on your debit card or a recent statement.
- You’ll then be asked to give your date of birth.
- Then, you’ll be asked to confirm your identity by entering the 3 digit security code from the back of your debit card. If you don’t have a debit card we’ll just transfer you to speak to an adviser.
Remember – we’ll never call, email or ask you to give your Security Number in full. Don’t tell it to anybody.
All this information is available in our detailed Telephone Banking user guide. If you require a copy of this guide sent to you, please ask an adviser.
Our Telephone Banking terms & conditions apply when using this service.
Everyday banking using our Telephone Banking service
Our automated service is fast and easy to use, letting you take care of your day-to-day banking at a time and place that suits you. And there's no need to queue.
Call 0345 721 3141 and have your account number, sort code and six digit Security Number to hand. You'll then be at the main menu - we've included some information to help you get started.
Here are some of the options available:
1. Account balance(s)
You’ll be given the chance to hear the balance on the account you entered at the start of the call or if you want the balance on any of your other accounts just say “Balance” or choose option 1 at the menu. You’ll then be asked to choose the account.
2. Recent transactions
To hear a list of your most recent transactions just say “Recent transactions” or choose option 2 at the menu. You’ll then hear a list of your most recent transactions in groups of three, with options to hear more.
Our automated service gives transactions in the following order:
- Transaction type (Debit, Credit etc)
If you’ve been fully verified by a Security Number or Password, you’ll also be told who the payment was to or from (Tesco, BT, Sky etc).
3. ...or just tell us what you’d like to do
Option 3 is up to you – just tell the automated service, in your own words, what you’d like to do. Below are a few examples:
- "I'd like to transfer money"
- "I need to pay my gas bill"
- "I'd like to cancel a Direct Debit"
- "I'd like to take to someone"
# Other services available - here is a complete list of all the services available in our detailed Telephone Banking user guide. To hear this list in Telephone Banking just press #.
Tips for using our automated service
|Speaking instructions||Using the buttons on your phone|
|Try to call when there's not much background noise.||Make sure you're using a touch phone.|
|Talk at a steady pace, don't shout or speak slowly.||Don't hold the buttons down for too long.|
|Say amounts clearly and speak normally. For example, 'twenty five pounds and thirty pence'.||To give amounts, key in all figures but not decimal points. For example, 2530 for £25.30.|
|To give dates, clearly say the date, month and year. For example, 'twenty first July'.||To give dates, key in all figures. For example, 2107.|
All this information is available in our detailed Telephone Banking user guide. If you would prefer a copy of this sent to you, please ask an adviser.
Speak to an adviser
Expert help whenever you need it
With Telephone Banking, you can also speak to an adviser at a time that suits you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week†. Just say in a few words what you’d like help with or what you want to speak to an adviser about and our automated service will transfer you to the most suitable adviser who can help you, you’ll find some examples below;.
Call 0345 721 3141
- You’ll be asked to enter your 8 digit account number and 6 digit sort code, these can be found on your debit card or a recent statement.
- If you enter a joint account number you’ll also be asked to enter your date of birth
- Then, you’ll be asked to confirm your identity
- If you don’t have a debit card we’ll just transfer you to speak to an adviser
- You can then use the automated services by choosing the relevant option or in your own words tell us what you want to do eg: “I’d like to talk to someone”.
Our advisers can help with a range of other services:
Managing your accounts
- Standing orders - set up or amend.
- Ordering facility - your adviser can order you a debit card or a replacement PIN.
- Overdraft Facilities - arrange, change or cancel your overdraft.
Products and services
- Apply for a loan - this service is available from 8am - 10pm, 7 days a week.
- Travel Money - order foreign currency and travellers cheques for collection in branch or home delivery.
- Send money abroad - help if you need to send money to family or friends abroad.
Our advisers can help with lots of other services including:
Other ways to bank - register for Internet Banking and Mobile Banking Services.
Arrange an Appointment - book an appointment at a branch of your choice.
All this information is available in our detailed Telephone Banking user guide. If you would prefer a copy of this guide sent to you, please ask an adviser.
Please note: If you are in the navy, army or air force and positioned in a country where Internet Banking is not available, you will be able to contact our Telephone Banking service to make transactions.
If you need to call us from abroad or prefer not to use our 0345 number, you can also call us on 0131 337 4218
If you are a Textphone user please call 0345 600 9644, lines are open 9am to 5.30pm, 7 days a week, or contact us via RNID Typetalk
†Loans, Credit Cards, Overdrafts and account opening services are not available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
*To pay a bill, set up a standing order or transfer money to another bank for the first time you’ll need to set the payment up with an adviser.
^Eligible accounts – Bank of Scotland personal current accounts and Bank of Scotland personal savings accounts (terms and conditions permitting).