Your Visa debit card at a glance
- Use it to buy both big and small items.
- Use it worldwide, wherever you see the Visa symbol.
- A safe and convenient alternative to carrying cash.
- A secure payment method for total reassurance.
- If you have a Contactless debit card, you can also make contactless payments.
Using your debit card at home
Whether it’s grabbing a bite to eat or booking this year’s sunny break, your Visa debit card is the easy way to pay.
- Flexible enough to use for everyday shopping and larger one-off items.
- Book or buy securely on the web or over the phone.
- Pay your bills easily, whether they’re one off or regular.
- Withdraw up to £500 a day.
- No need to queue at an ATM, get up to £50 cashback at most supermarkets.
- Withdraw money from any cash machine that shows the LINK or VISA sign.
Using your debit card abroad
You can use your VISA debit card for purchases and to withdraw cash at ATMs when you go abroad, just look for the VISA symbol. Your Bank of Scotland debit card offers the following benefits:
- Convenient and safe - Your Bank of Scotland debit card works in just the same way abroad as it does at home.
- Good value and a convenient alternative to travel money from the high street.
- Accepted all over the world - Pay for hotels, sightseeing, shopping and dining out.
- Flexible - Order items and presents online in any currency.
Charges will apply for using your VISA debit card abroad. For more information on charges, visit our travel section.
Are you planning to go abroad soon?
If you are planning to go abroad and use your debit card, remember to tell us. We always look out for unusual activity on your debit card, so by letting us know your travel plans, we will expect to see international spending on your account.
- You can set a travel flag on your card through Internet Banking using our simple online form. It only takes a few minutes to add your travel details.
- Alternatively, phone us on 03457 21 31 41 for bank accounts (Lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for existing customers).
- If you have a hearing or a speech impairment you can use Textphone on 03457 32 34 36. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.30pm.
It’s also a good idea to save our overseas number (+44 (0) 1313 392 573) on your mobile in case you need to get in touch with us. 3 To use your Visa debit card hassle free when you go abroad make sure we hold your up-to-date mobile or best contact number. 4