Legal Expenses cover
With Home Insurance Select you can have legal protection for you and your family. You can only get Home Insurance Select directly with us.
What is Legal Expenses cover?
Legal Expenses cover offers support when you need to protect and negotiate your legal rights. With up to £50,000 cover available it's a reassuring level of protection when you most need it.
Legal Expenses cover is included with Home Insurance Select Silver or Gold.
This cover is jointly administered by Arc Legal Assistance Limited and Legal Insurance Management Ltd, and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
Legal Expenses cover can help you and your family with the costs of legal action for incidents that occur whilst your cover is in
place in cases such as:
- Employment disputes to do with the contract you have with your employer or future employer.
- Contract disputes over goods and services. For example, disputes over faulty goods that are bought or sold.
- Personal injury claims if you are in an incident and another party is at fault.
- Personal identity fraud where you are the victim of fraud.
- Property protection for a civil dispute to do with property that you own. For example, if someone trespasses and damages your home.
- Jury service - covers your net wages for the time you need to take off work.
- 24/7 legal advice over the phone for a legal issue you have, even if it's not covered by the policy.
- Clinical negligence in case your are injured or die as a result of a medical or clinical procedure.
- Tax protection in case you are subject to a full enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs. This doesn't apply if HMRC only look at one or more specific areas.
- Legal defence if at work you have a dispute relating to discrimination legislation or data protection legislation.
Our policy documents tell you more about what is and isn't covered. Keep in mind that with all of our cover, there are limits, terms and exclusions. Read the policy documents.
What doesn't Legal Expenses cover include?
In most cases, cover will only pay out when you legal claim has a 'reasonable chance of success'. This means that there must be at least a 51% chance that your legal claim will be successful.
You cannot use Legal Expenses cover for:
- Divorce costs.
- Cases that started before the policy was taken out.
- Libel cases.
- Issues to do with your car or any other vehicle.
Ready to get a quote?
Get a quote in minutes. You can only get Home Insurance Select directly with us.
Bank of Scotland Home Insurance Select is underwritten by Lloyds Bank General Insurance Limited. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.