Life Insurance - Level cover
What is life insurance and level cover?
Life insurance pays out a cash lump sum if you die before your policy ends. It could help your loved ones cope financially after you're gone.
Level cover means that the cash pay-out stays the same until your policy ends. You'll pay the same amount each month.
In other words, the amount that gets paid out if you die won't change. So you and your loved ones will always know how much cover you'll have in case the unexpected happens.
Do I need life insurance and level cover?
This might be right for you if:
- You have children or loved ones who rely on your income
- You have other dependents who might struggle to get by without you
- You’re the main earner in your family
- You have long-term debts, like a mortgage
- You’d like to leave something for your loved ones after you’re gone.
How long should I get cover for?
It might help to think about life's milestones, like the number of years until :
- your children are 18
- your mortgage is paid off
- you reach state pension age.
Scottish Widows can offer cover from 5 to 40 years, up to age 69.
How much does it cost?
The amount you pay each month depends on the length of your policy and the size of the cash lump sum that gets paid out when a claim is made. The price might also change based on your age, health and lifestyle.
What else do I need to know?
You need to be a UK resident , 18 or over, and under 60 to apply. Before you get a policy, check that it's right for you. Make sure your loved ones will get the support they need after you're gone.
Let our experts take care of it
Our life insurance is arranged by Scottish Widows. They are a part of Lloyds Banking Group, like us. Scottish Widows are our life insurance experts, and they have been protecting what matters most for over 200 years.
Scottish Widows are:
- Reliable - Scottish Widows paid out 98% of claims in 2020. That’s £206m in total.
- Experienced - Scottish Widows has been protecting customers for over 200 years. So you’re in safe hands.
- Supportive - Scottish Widows works closely with partners like Macmillan. They help make sure our customers get the right help, at the right time.