If you have a fixed term account which is about to mature and would like to reinvest your balance and any interest it’s earned, you can provide your maturity instructions online.
- The rates below are guaranteed up to your maturity date if there are 28 days or less until your Fixed Rate account matures. You will need to provide your instructions to reinvest your existing balance before the maturity date.
- If you would like to add some more money you can - we can't guarantee the same rate for any additional deposits but if the same rate doesn't apply we will let you know.
- Once your request is complete we will send you a Certificate of Investment confirming the term and interest rate on your new account.
- If your account matures on a Friday, weekend or bank holiday, you won't see your requested changes in Internet Banking until the next working day.
- If your maturing account is an ISA, you will need to provide us with your ISA maturity instructions.
To rollover, add to or withdraw from the funds you reinvest or close your account
Log into Internet Banking for a choice about what to do when your funds mature. You have the option to reinvest your balance and any interest it has earned, add or withdraw funds, or you can close your account. You can only do this if there are 28 days or less until your account matures.
Provide your instructions
If you don’t already use Internet Banking you can register, then provide your instructions straight away if your account matures in the next 28 days.
If your account has already matured
If your account has already matured and you have not yet reinvested your funds, you can open a new fixed term savings account and transfer your matured funds to it, or alternatively you can renew it into one of our easy access savings accounts.
|Account Name||Benefits & features||Interest rate (AER)|
Fixed Rate Bond
- Fixed rate of interest so you know exactly how much you will earn
- Interest is paid into your account (as long as you opened it on or after 1st December 2015), or you can ask us to pay it to a different account with us or another bank or building society. We will pay your interest gross, which means that we will not deduct tax automatically from your interest. You are responsible for paying any tax due to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Find out more about how we pay your interest.
Bear in mind
- Minimum opening balance of £2,000
- There are no cancellation rights attached to this account
- No withdrawals (except account closure) or additional deposits. If you close your account early, you lose an amount equivalent to 90 days’ gross interest for a 1 year term.
This means you may get back less than the amount you deposit
- At the end of the term the account automatically changes to an Instant Access Savings Account with a variable interest rate. Before this happens, we'll contact you to explain your options and next steps. See the Instant Access Savings Account interest rates.
|0.40%gross/AER fixed for a 1 year term.
If you wish to provide your instructions by phone you can call us on 0345 602 0304 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm, Sun 9am-5pm). Alternatively, make an appointment in your local branch; we recommend you book an appointment.