- > About Online
About Internet Banking
Using Internet Banking gives you the convenience of being able to carry out most of your banking needs, from wherever you have access to the Internet.
What are the benefits of Internet Banking?
- View your recent transactions
- Pay your bills
- Transfer money to external accounts and set up standing orders
- Transfer money between your banking and savings accounts*
- Transfer money overseas
- Request a new overdraft, or request an increased limit for an existing overdraft (subject to status)
- View or cancel any Direct Debits set up on your account
- Order Travel money – collect it from your local branch or have it delivered to your door
Our online fraud guarantee
We do all we can to protect you online. Even in the unlikely event of fraud, we promise you won't lose out. As a Bank of Scotland online banking customer, you automatically benefit from our online fraud guarantee:
If you use our online service and become a victim of online fraud, we guarantee you won't lose any money from your account, and will always be reimbursed in full.
For the vast majority of our customers, this situation will never arise, especially if you take a few simple steps:
- Keep your password secure and do not let anyone else make use of your security details, even if they share a joint account with you
- Do not let anyone watch you enter your security details and log off after each Internet Banking session
- Carry out regular virus checks on your devices and have the latest operating system and web browser installed.
Find out more about how to protect yourself online.
Start using Internet Banking in 3 easy steps:
To register for Internet Banking simply follow the 3 easy steps below. You'll just need to have your bank account or credit card details to hand before you start.
Step 1 – Register
Click on the register now button below. Fill in your personal details and a password of your choice. Please don't share this information with anyone else. Click on Register at the bottom of the form.
Step 2 – User ID
You'll receive your personal User ID in the post within 5-8 working days.
Step 3 – Memorable information
Log in to Internet Banking using your User ID and password. You’ll then be asked to set up memorable information (6-15 characters including both letters and numbers) which you will need to remember each time you log on.
- You can also register by phone: call us on 0345 300 0000.
- Or register at your local branch: find your local branch.
Logging in for the first time
Step 1 – User ID
Please have your User ID to hand, you will have received this in the post.
Step 2 – Password
You will have chosen or been given a password when you first registered.
Step 3 – Login and create memorable information
Once you’ve entered your User ID and password you will then be asked to set up memorable information (6-15 characters including both letters and numbers) which you will need to remember each time you log on.