- > About Online
About Internet Banking
Using Internet Banking gives you the convenience of being able to carry out most of your banking needs, from wherever you have access to the Internet.
What are the benefits of Internet Banking?
- View your recent transactions
- Pay your bills
- Transfer money to external accounts and set up standing orders
- Transfer money between your banking and savings accounts*
- Transfer money overseas
- Request a new overdraft, or request an increased limit for an existing overdraft (subject to status)
- View or cancel any Direct Debits set up on your account
- Order Travel money – collect it from your local branch or have it delivered to your door
Our online fraud guarantee
"If a customer of our online service is a victim of online fraud, we guarantee that they won't lose any money from their account and will always be reimbursed in full.“
- You never share your sign in details with anybody
- You never respond to emails that ask you to supply your sign in details. These are known as phishing emails and we would never email you asking you to supply your sign in details.
Start using Internet Banking in 3 easy steps:
To register for Internet Banking simply follow the 3 easy steps below. You'll just need to have your bank account or credit card details to hand before you start.
Step 1 – Register
Click on the register now button below. Fill in your personal details and a password of your choice. Please don't share this information with anyone else. Click on Register at the bottom of the form.
Step 2 – User ID
You'll receive your personal User ID in the post within 5-8 working days.
Step 3 – Memorable information
Log in to Internet Banking using your User ID and password. You’ll then be asked to set up memorable information (6-15 characters including both letters and numbers) which you will need to remember each time you log on.
- You can also register by phone: call us on 0845 3000 000.
- Or register at your local branch: find your local branch.
Logging in for the first time
Step 1 – User ID
Please have your User ID to hand, you will have received this in the post.
Step 2 – Password
You will have chosen or been given a password when you first registered.
Step 3 – Login and create memorable information
Once you’ve entered your User ID and password you will then be asked to set up memorable information (6-15 characters including both letters and numbers) which you will need to remember each time you log on.