- > About Online
About Internet Banking
Using Internet Banking gives you the convenience of being able to carry out most of your banking needs, from wherever you have access to the Internet.
What are the benefits of Internet Banking?
- View your recent transactions
- Pay your bills
- Transfer money to external accounts and set up standing orders
- Transfer money between your banking and savings accounts*
- Transfer money overseas
- Request a new overdraft, or request an increased limit for an existing overdraft (subject to status)
- View or cancel any Direct Debits set up on your account
- Order Travel money – collect it from your local branch or have it delivered to your door
Our Fraud Guarantee
We guarantee to refund your money (including charges and interest that you’ve paid or not received as a result) in the unlikely event that you experience fraud with our Internet Banking service. We will take steps to protect you 24/7, using technology and safeguards that meet or exceed industry standards, but you must also use our online banking services carefully.
Being careful when you use our services includes, for example, that you:
- Do all that you reasonably can to keep your Security Details (such as online and mobile username, password, and memorable information) secure, and you log off after each Internet Banking session.
- Don’t let anyone else have access to your account or Security Details, or transact using them, even if they share a joint account with you through our Internet Banking services.
- Tell us, as soon as you can if you think your Security Details have been lost, stolen, damaged or are being misused; or think someone may be accessing your accounts without your authority, or has discovered your Security Details.
- Carry out regular virus checks on your devices.
If you've been grossly negligent, we will not refund any money taken from your account before you have told us your Security Details have been lost, stolen or could be misused.
We won't give you a refund if you have acted fraudulently.
For further guidance on using our online banking services - see our Internet Banking service conditions.
Start using Internet Banking in 3 easy steps:
To register for Internet Banking simply follow the 3 easy steps below. You'll just need to have your bank account or credit card details to hand before you start.
Step 1 – Register
Click on the register now button below. Fill in your personal details and a password of your choice. Please don't share this information with anyone else. Click on Register at the bottom of the form.
Step 2 – User ID
You'll receive your personal User ID in the post within 5-8 working days.
Step 3 – Memorable information
Log in to Internet Banking using your User ID and password. You’ll then be asked to set up memorable information (6-15 characters including both letters and numbers) which you will need to remember each time you log on.
- You can also register by phone: call us on 0345 300 0000.
- Or register at your local branch: find your local branch.
Logging in for the first time
Step 1 – User ID
Please have your User ID to hand, you will have received this in the post.
Step 2 – Password
You will have chosen or been given a password when you first registered.
Step 3 – Login and create memorable information
Once you’ve entered your User ID and password you will then be asked to set up memorable information (6-15 characters including both letters and numbers) which you will need to remember each time you log on.