• No charge for everyday transactions when you’re in credit.
• A Bank of Scotland Visa debit card that can be used in shops, online, over the phone and to withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide. There’s no charge to withdraw cash from any of our wide network of Cashpoint® machines (a charge may apply at other ATMs).
• A planned overdraft that can help when you need some extra cash. Don’t worry, it’s quick and easy to apply for and set one up through Internet Banking. Once approved you can access the money straightaway. If you do slip into the red unexpectedly, we may agree to cover your payments with an unplanned overdraft. However, there are charges and interest for planned and unplanned overdrafts. Overdrafts are subject to status and repayable in full on demand.
• Interest and fee free planned overdraft up to £25 (subject to application and approval) - how much we lend is subject to our assessment of your circumstances. You must be 18 or over. Overdrafts are repayable in full on demand.
• £10 overdraft buffer. No overdraft fees or interest to pay if you go overdrawn (either planned or unplanned) by £10 or less.
• Mobile, Internet and Telephone Banking. Secure services where you can do everything from checking balances and payments to transferring money, and a whole lot more.
Classic Account add-ons
Vantage – interest at no extra cost
Vantage is a free addition for your current account giving you the benefit of credit interest on your current account. Vantage interest rates are tiered on balances up to £5,000 when you meet the Vantage conditions.
Control – make it even easier to manage your money
For £10 a month Control can help you stay on top of your finances and avoid unarranged overdraft borrowing. There are some exceptions to this, which mean you could still go into an unplanned overdraft, including, if you've used your Visa debit card somewhere where a retailer can't check with us, like on an aeroplane, and if the planned overdraft limit on your account is reduced and you don't have enough money to keep within your new limit
Save the Change® - spend and save at the same time
Sign-up to Save the Change® and every time you make a purchase with your Classic Visa debit card, the difference will be rounded up to the nearest pound and transferred from your current account into an eligible Bank of Scotland savings account.
Apply for the Classic Account today
Upgrade your Classic Account exclusively online
You can upgrade to one of our Added Value Accounts, only through Internet Banking. You’ll get standard bank account features, but also a range of additional benefits from third party insurance providers for a monthly fee. Classic Account upgrades not available in branch or over the phone.