An account packed with everything you need to help you keep on top of your finances and make the most of your time as a student.
- Interest and fee-free tiered Planned Overdraft of up to £1,500 in years 1-3 and up to £2,000 in years 4-6 (subject to application, status, and approval - you must be 18 or over to apply).
- Earn up to 15% cashback with Everyday Offers and the chance to win one of your purchases back up to the value of £500 on a monthly basis with "It's on Us*
- Visa debit card.
- Internet Banking & Mobile Banking1 including Pay a Contact.
- Telephone Banking.
- Option to apply for a Student Credit Card (subject to application status and approval - you must be 18 or over to apply).
*You must be registered for Bank of Scotland Internet Banking, hold a current account and be over the age of 18. Offers & cashback amounts may vary and must be activated online for use on your next debit or credit card purchase. You will need to activate “It’s On Us” once it is available in Everyday Offers and you must have been registered for at least 1 week, terms and conditions apply.
Interest and fee-free overdraft
|Year of study||Interest and fee-free amount|
Interest and fee-free Planned Overdraft of up to £1,500 starting with:
|2nd & 3rd||Un-tiered, interest and fee-free Planned Overdraft of up to £1,500|
|4th to 6th||Un-tiered, interest and fee-free Planned Overdraft of up to £2,000|
All overdrafts are subject to application, status and approval.
How to apply for a Student Account
Make an appointment at any of our branches.
You'll need to bring;
- your UCAS confirmation letter or a letter from your university or college confirming your place;
- if you aren't already a Bank of Scotland customer, a piece of ID such as your driving licence or a 10 year passport and proof of your address (anything official with your name on it that's less than three months old, but not a mobile phone bill).
You will need to:
|Any questions?||Just call us on 08457 21 31 41 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 9am-5pm) or visit your local branch.|