An account packed with everything you need to help you keep on top of your finances and make the most of your time as a student.
- Tiered interest and fee-free Planned Overdraft (subject to application, status and approval).
- Visa debit card.
- Internet, Mobile1 and Telephone banking.
- Student Credit Card Representative APR: 19.9% APR (variable) (subject to application, status and approval).
Up to £2,000 interest and fee-free tiered Planned Overdraft
How to apply
Whichever way you choose to apply you will need to visit a branch to show us your UCAS confirmation letter or a letter from your university or college confirming your place. If you aren't already a Bank of Scotland customer you will also need to take a piece of ID such as a driving licence or passport and also proof of address (anything official with your name on it that’s less than three months old, except a mobile phone bill) into a branch.
To be eligible for a Student Account you'll need to:
- be a permanent UK resident for the past 3 years
- be aged 17 or older
- confirm that you are studying full time on an eligible course of at least 2 years' duration, or a one year full time access course leading to a degree
If you’d like more information on this account, take a look at our:
- Bank of Scotland Bank Account conditions (pdf)
- Student Account Welcome Pack (pdf)
- Interest rates & fees
Just call us on 08457 21 31 41 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 9am-5pm) or visit your local branch.