Switch to us
Benefits of switching to Bank of Scotland.
Starting your switch.
Alternatively, call us on 03456 02 52 93 (open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Sat 9am-4pm) or make an appointment at your local branch.
How the switching process works.
Current Account Switch Guarantee.
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and hassle-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- For 36 months, we will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
For more information and FAQs, please read the Account Switching Guide (PDF).
What else you need to know.
The Current Account Switch Service makes switching from one bank or building society to another simple and hassle-free whether you’re a consumer, small charity or small business. You’ll find the main benefits of the service below:
Switch on your terms.
With the Current Account Switch Service you can choose a switch date to suit you. Just make sure you allow a minimum of seven working days.
Simple and hassle-free.
The new account provider transfers any existing balance and all existing payment arrangements for you – including those going out (for example Direct Debits and standing orders), those coming in (for example, your salary) and payees you already have set up.
Wide ranging spread of UK banks and building societies are on board.
This means over 99% of UK current accounts are covered by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
The switching process is the same everywhere.
Every bank and building society offering the service follows exactly the same switch process.
Payments are automatically redirected.
Any payments made to or requested from your old account will be redirected to your new account for three years. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details. That means there’s no need to worry about missing payments.
Backed by a Guarantee.
In the unlikely event that something goes wrong with your switch, the new provider will refund any interest or charges incurred on your old or new account as a result.
A single point of contact.
The whole process will be handled by the bank or building society you are switching to. If you have any questions or concerns, just ask your new provider.