Using your card
Credit card services available online
Manage your credit card online and you will have access to a range of online card services:
- View your last statement and balance
- View any recent transactions
- Pay your monthly bills online if you have a bank account with us
- Transfer balances from other credit or store cards
To make use of these services, you will need to register for Internet Banking. If you’re already registered for the online service, your account will be available to view on ’My accounts’.
You can transfer a balance to your Bank of Scotland credit card online if you are registered for our Internet Banking service.
Alternatively, call us on 08459 64 56 45 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours) and provide the transfer details (amount, account number and card issuer).
After approving your request we will make arrangements with your other card issuer. Once these arrangements are complete, the money will normally arrive by the next working day. We will only transfer balances within your credit limit, so please check your available credit before transferring a balance.
Balance transfers can be made from most credit and some store cards, excluding other Bank of Scotland products. We usually charge a fee for making balance transfers. The amount of the fee will be shown in your credit card conditions.
Your credit card PIN
If you've forgotten your PIN, you can request a PIN reminder which will be sent through the post. Contact us on 08459 64 56 45 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours) and we will send your PIN reminder to you by post in 3-5 working days.
Please note that for security purposes, we cannot provide your PIN details over the phone.
You can change or unlock your credit card PIN at any cash machine that displays the Link symbol. You cannot change or unlock your PIN abroad.
Closing your account
To close your account please call our customer services department on 08708 50 02 43 (8am - 9pm Mon - Fri & 9am - 5pm Sat), or write to us at the following address:
Bank of Scotland
Pitreavie Business Park
You can make payments via:
- Direct Debit - This can be for a fixed amount or percentage, the minimum amount or the full outstanding balance. You will need to provide your bank account number and sort code. Call us on 08459 64 56 45 or if you are registered for Internet Banking, you can log in and click on the ‘ways to pay’ tab in your credit card section.
- Online - If you have a Bank of Scotland bank account you can make a payment online and it will normally be credited to your account within 2 hours.
- Telephone Banking - if you have a Bank of Scotland bank account you can pay over the phone by calling 08457 21 31 41. Your payment is normally credited to your account within 2 hours.
- Standing Order - To set up a standing order please contact the bank where your current account is held. You need to provide your bank with the following information:
Bank Sort Code 77-29-00
Bank Account no. 00000000
Your payment reference is your 16 digit card number.
- By post - If you receive paper statements, complete the payment slip attached to the bottom of your statement and send a cheque in the envelope provided. Please make your cheque payable to the card holder (the person whose name appears on the statement) and your 16 digit card number. Please allow 7 working days for your payment to reach us.
- In branch - If you receive paper statements, complete the payment slip attached to the bottom of your statement and bring it into your local branch with cash or a cheque. You can make a payment up until the day your payment is due however we recommend that you allow extra time.
- From another bank - you will need to provide these details to your bank:
Bank Sort Code 77-29-00
Bank Account no. 00000000
Your payment reference is your 16 digit card number
- International Payments - When making payment from an overseas bank account you may be asked to give our IBAN and BIC/SWIFT code:
IBAN - GB38LOYD30675699067997
BIC/SWIFT - LOYDGB21705
However you choose to pay, you need to check that your payment will reach your account by the payment due date.
- Do not send cash in the post
- Please remember to allow extra time for your payment to reach us over bank holiday periods
If you require any other information regarding payments please contact our customer service team on 08459 64 56 45 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours).
We accept payment using the Faster Payments Service (FPS).
Managing your credit card
Adding an additional cardholder
You can share your credit card and its credit limit with any third party aged 18 or over (subject to eligibility and application), such as a spouse or partner.
To add a new cardholder or to remove/amend an existing cardholder (amendments apply to name and nationality only), please contact us on 08459 64 56 45 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours).
Please note that additional cardholders will not be able to view the credit card online.
As principal cardholder, you are responsible for all transactions made on any additional cards. If the additional card is withdrawn, you must retrieve and destroy the card, during which time you are still liable for all transactions made using that card.
If for any reason you cannot retrieve the card, please call the card services team on the number shown on the reverse of your card.
Changing your credit limit
In order to help us to make a decision we require at least six months payment history on your account before you can request an increase of your credit limit. You can decrease your credit limit at any time after your card has been activated.
If you wish to apply to change your credit limit, please call 08459 64 56 45 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours).
From time to time your credit limit may be increased automatically. If this happens, you will be advised in writing. However, should you wish to decline the increase, call 08459 64 56 45 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours).
Changing your address
If you’re an online user, you can change your address by selecting ‘Change details’ from the ‘My accounts’ page.
Otherwise, you can call our customer services department on 08459 64 56 45 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours). You will need to have your credit card when you call to change your address over the telephone.
Changing your name
To change the name on your credit card account, you will need to visit your local branch, taking with you your original name-change documentation (Marriage Certificate, Deed Poll, etc).
Change your payment due date
If you want to change the date your monthly credit card payment is due, just call 08459 64 56 45 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours).