Overdraft Text Alerts
From the 27th November, we are introducing a new overdraft alert service. The following applies from this date.
It is important to monitor your account regularly to make sure you have enough funds to make any payments due. Our text alerts service offers a simple way to stay on top of your finances without even having to think about it.
To make it easy for you to make informed decisions about your account use, provided that you have given us a mobile number and it is up to date, we’ll send you overdraft text alerts. These alerts are designed to help you manage your money, reducing charges you may be able to avoid by reminding you when you need to fund your account. They could also help you avoid going into an unarranged overdraft.
There are two groups of overdraft text alerts:
Arranged Overdraft Alerts when:
- You will enter your arranged overdraft that day based on your pending transactions
- You have entered your arranged overdraft. You will only receive this message once when you enter your arranged overdraft and may incur interest and charges. You have until midnight to pay in enough cleared funds to avoid further overdraft interest and charges. The money needs to be immediately available to use, so you could transfer money from another personal account you have with us via Mobile, Internet or Telephone Banking or pay in cash over the counter in branch.
To stop arranged overdraft alerts, text STOPA to 64447
Unarranged Overdraft Alerts when:
- You will enter an unarranged overdraft that day based on your pending transactions
- You have entered an unarranged overdraft
- You don’t have enough to pay a standing order. You will have until 2.30pm (UK time) to pay in cleared funds in order to make any payments. When you pay in funds, the money needs to be immediately available to use, so you could transfer money from another personal account you have with us via Mobile, Internet or Telephone Banking or pay in cash over the counter in branch.
To stop unarranged overdraft alerts, text STOPU to 64447
You can stop all overdraft alerts by texting STOP to 64447. Opting out means that you won’t receive the alerts on your overdraft usage which could lead to avoidable costs.
If you wish to opt back in, simply text;
- START to 64447 to opt in to all overdraft alerts
- STARTA to 64447 to opt in to only arranged overdraft alerts
- STARTU to 64447 to opt in to only unarranged overdraft alerts
Opting in and out of these alerts is free. Your preferences to opt in or out of these alerts will be applied to all your Bank of Scotland Private Banking personal accounts and any other accounts you have with Bank of Scotland.
We will also send you other text alerts when:
- We are asked to change your phone number
- You set up a new person or company to receive a payment
- We need to speak to you before we make a payment
- We suspect any fraud related activity
You cannot stop these alerts.
You can receive text alerts abroad, but please check with your service provider for any charges you will incur.
You will be automatically enrolled into our new overdraft text alerts service if we have an up to date mobile number for you. You can check the number we have for you - or provide one - through Internet Banking, in a branch, or by calling us on 03457 111 111.
Whilst these new alerts don’t begin until the 27th of November, you are able to opt-in and out of these new alerts anytime using the numbers above.
Mobile Banking services may be affected by phone signal and functionality. UK personal Internet Banking customers only. We do not charge for Mobile Banking but your mobile operator may charge for some services. Visit mobile banking for more information.
Mobile alerts are sent throughout the day, 7 days a week including Bank Holidays. This is a free service for all eligible current account customers.
Our tracker rates are linked to the Bank of England Base rate administered by the Bank of England, this rate can go up or down which will impact the cost of your loan/mortgage payments.
Bank of Scotland plc is part of Lloyds Banking Group. More information on Lloyds Banking Group can be found at www.lloydsbankinggroup.com
Bank of Scotland plc
Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under number 169628.