Debt Consolidation Loans
Lots of lenders? Or just one?
Features and benefits
- You could receive a rate as low as 3.9% APR Representative if you borrow £7,500 – £25,000 over one to five years*
- Paying off your existing debts with one single debt consolidation loan could save you money, reduce your overall monthly payments, and help you budget more easily. With a debt consolidation loan, you only have one monthly repayment to make
- Flexible repayment options, where you can make additional payments free of charge
- Instant money in your account. Apply online to have funds immediately transferred to your bank account between 9am–8:30pm, or before 9am the following day
- You can manage your loan on Internet Banking
- You have the option to apply for up to two repayment holidays of one month in a rolling 12 month period, subject to approval.
*Other loan amounts between £1,000 and £35,000 are available at different rates.
Keep in mind
- Our loans are only available to Lloyds Bank current account holders who've had their account for at least one month
- Repayment holidays are available if you meet certain conditions. Interest will be charged if you take a repayment holiday, so you'll pay more interest overall and your original term will be extended
- If you make an early settlement on the Personal Loan, we will charge up to 58 days' interest
- If you refinance any existing debts you may pay a higher rate of interest or make repayments over a longer term. This means that you may pay more interest overall.
Feel like you're juggling your finances? Do you have other loans, store cards or credit card bills?
If you are an existing customer, you could combine all your borrowings into one manageable repayment, making it easier to budget. You just need to be a Bank of Scotland customer with a Bank of Scotland bank account (excluding Easycash) held for at least 1 month and you can get a personalised quote and apply online. You can still get a quote and apply if you have a credit card, a mortgage or a loan with us.
Before you apply, make sure that you’ve done your homework.
For example, try adding together the monthly repayments for all your existing debts, and comparing this to a new borrowing quote based on the total amount it would cost to pay off these debts. This could give you an idea whether you can save money, although it’s worth finding out whether paying off any of your existing debts incurs any charges or Early settlement adjustmentYou can fully or partly repay your loan at any time during the repayment period. If you choose to settle your loan before it’s completed its full term some of our loans may charge an early settlement adjustment. If you have taken out a Flexible Loan you agree to repay the capital plus the interest as it accrues. If you pay off your loan in full before the end of the agreed term, we'll calculate what you owe us at the time which will include capital plus interest accrued but no additional charge. If you’ve taken out any of our other loans, the amount you agree to repay includes interest that is charged to the end of the loan term. If you make an early settlement we'll reduce the charge for credit you have agreed to pay us which means you wouldn’t have to pay all of the interest. This reduction may be adjusted by up to 58 days’ interest - this is the early settlement adjustment.
Keep in mind that if you choose to extend your repayments over a longer term, you may pay more interest overall, even if the monthly repayments are lower. Your new loan may also incur a higher interest rate than you are currently paying.
You may also want to reduce credit limits on, or close, any credit cards or overdrafts that you are paying off with your new loan. This may help you manage your total debt.
If you've done your research and have decided a loan is the best option for you, a Personal Loan from Bank of Scotland might be able to help you consolidate your debt, and other large purchases you might make.
Our responsibilities to you
We'll never encourage you to borrow more than you can afford. To help you get it right, we have lots of help and guidance.