Car insurance from your bank for as little as £177.* *20% of new Bank of Scotland Car Insurance customers paid as little as £177 between August 2018 and January 2019. Excludes optional extras.
Bank of Scotland car insurance is arranged and administered by BISL Limited and underwritten by a panel of insurers.
Looking to insure your car?
We can offer you a competitive quote in minutes from our panel of insurers.
All our policies come with these great benefits as standard.
Features and benefits:
- No Claims Discount (minimum premiums apply)
- 24 hour Emergency Claims Helpline
- 24 hour Online Self-Service Centre
- 60 Days European Union Cover
- Access to Bank of Scotland Motor Rewards.
And if you take out a comprehensive policy, you’ll also enjoy these extra benefits:
- New Car Replacement - If you bought a new car in the last 12 months and it gets stolen and can't be recovered, we'll replace it
- Courtesy Car - Get a courtesy car whilst your car is repaired by our approved garages. Subject to availability and eligibility
- Vandalism Cover - You're protected if your car is damaged maliciously
- 3 year guarantee on approved claims repairs
- 24 Hour Emergency Windscreen Helpline.
Extra levels of cover
For additional premiums you can add Motor Legal Protection, RAC Breakdown Cover, Keycare Cover and Guaranteed Replacement Car Cover, take a look at the different levels of cover here.
No Claims Discount Protection is provided and administered by BISL Ltd.
No Claims Discount (NCD) is a discount applied to your Car Insurance premium for the number of years in which you haven’t made a claim to your policy. For each year you’re insured without making a claim you’ll earn another year’s NCD, up to a maximum of nine years (minimum premiums apply). To find out your number of NCD years, please look on your latest renewal invitation from your Car Insurance provider.
If you have 4 or more years NCD you may be able to protect the number of years discount you have accumulated for an additional cost by purchasing No Claims Discount Protection. With NCD Protection, you are able to make two fault claims within a three year period without it reducing the NCD applied to your policy premium.
If selected, the cost of No Claims Discount Protection will be calculated as a percentage of the insurance policy premium. The stand-alone price for this additional option will be displayed on your price presentation page.
No Claims Discount Protection:
- allows you to make two fault claims within a three year period without it reducing the NCD applied to your policy premium.
- does not protect the overall price of your insurance policy. The price of your insurance policy may increase following an accident even if you were not at fault.
Add Guaranteed Replacement Car Cover for £9.99, to cover you if your car is stolen or written off, or is no longer driveable following a fire, theft or accident claim.
Rely on all this:
A car quickly supplied from a leading national network as long as you claim within 14 days. Use of car for up to 28 days:
- when yours has been stolen or written off
- whilst waiting for a courtesy car to become available
- when yours is not driveable following a fire, theft or accident claim.
How is Guaranteed Replacement Car cover different to courtesy car cover?
Courtesy car cover won’t be available to you if your car is stolen or written off, it is dependent on a car being available from the garage and is only available with Comprehensive cover.
A refundable fuel deposit required when obtaining the replacement car. Only available in the UK or Isle of Man.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Take a look at the Guaranteed Replacement Car cover (PDF) for details of what is and isn’t covered.
Guaranteed Replacement Car Cover is administered by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited, on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE.
Add Motor Legal Protection Cover for £30.99 per year. Our motor legal protection is here to support you and there’s a legal helpline available 24/7.
If an accident wasn’t your fault our motor legal protection policy provides cover for up to £100,000 of legal expenses to help with;
- obtaining compensation for personal injury and medical expenses
- recovering losses resulting from the accident eg policy, excess, loss of earnings, phone bills and travel costs
- recovering repair costs if not already covered by comprehensive car insurance
- recovering vehicle hire charges
As long as there are reasonable prospects of you winning your case and the estimated legal costs aren't more than the amount you are claiming, a solicitor will be instructed to act on your behalf.
You also get motor prosecution defence cover if you are facing suspension or disqualification of your driving licence. You get up to £20,000 of legal expenses to help with your case, as long as there is a reasonable chance of avoiding suspension or disqualification. This cover doesn’t include fines or penalties or any charges relating to alcohol or drugs.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Take a look at to the Motor Legal Protection Policy (PDF) for details of what is and isn’t covered.
Motor Legal Protection is administered by ACM ULR Limited. The Legal Expenses element is underwritten by RAC Insurance Ltd.
Add Keycare cover for £9.49 and you'll get the following benefits if you lose your keys:
- Call out and cover anywhere in the EU up to £1000
- Cover if you lock your keys inside your car or home. Including locksmith charges, car hire for up to 3 days and replacement keys (within the annual limit per policy year)
- A 24/7 helpline – no matter when you lose your keys, Keycare will be there to help. Please remember to let us know if you have lost your keys within 30 days
- Cover for the immediate family members (Grandparents, parents, spouse, civil partner, live-in partner, child or step child) who live at your address
- No excess to pay, and Keycare claims won’t affect your no claims discount
- A £10 reward paid by Keycare to anyone who finds and returns your keys.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
Take a look at Keycare policy summary (PDF) for details of what is and isn’t covered.
Keycare is arranged by BISL Limited, administered by Keycare Limited and underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited.
Take a look at the different levels of cover you can add to your policy, prices are for a full years cover:
- Roadside Assistance - £43.99 - For breakdowns at least a quarter of a mile from home.
- Roadside & At Home - £71.99 - For breakdowns at home or when you're out and about.
- Roadside & Recovery - £61.99 - If your car can't be fixed at the roadside the RAC will take it and up to 7 passengers to any single address in the UK.
- Roadside, At Home & Recovery - £81.99 - Combines the first three options.
- Roadside, At Home, Recovery & Onward Travel - £91.99 - Also includes hire car, cost of public transport and hotel accommodation if required.
- Roadside, At Home, Recovery, Onward Travel and EU - £142.99 - Also includes the same level of cover in the European Union.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Take a look at the RAC Breakdown Cover (PDF) for details of what is and isn’t covered.
RAC Breakdown Cover is provided by RAC Motoring Services.
Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.