Want some savings that you can access when you need to? This flexible account lets you save and withdraw your money when you like.
Summary box for the Access Saver
1. What is the interest rate?
0.01% gross/AER variable for balances of £1 or more.
Your interest is paid a year after you open the account.
2. Can Bank of Scotland change the interest rate?
Yes. As this account pays a variable rate of interest it can change over time. We’ll always let you know of any planned changes to the rate. Our terms and conditions (PDF) explain when and how we do this. For example, we might review the interest rate if the Bank of England base rate changes.
3. What might the future balance be?
For example, if you deposit £1000.00 when you open the account, the balance after 12 months will be £1000.10.
- You make the deposit on the day you open the account.
- You don’t pay more money into the account.
- You don’t withdraw any money.
- You keep your interest in this account.
- The interest rate stays the same.
4. How do I open and manage my account?
This account can be opened and managed:
- on our app
- in branch
- by phone.
Bear in mind:
- You must be 16 or over and resident in the UK.
- You need to open the account in your sole name but you can make it joint once it's open.
- Open with just £1. The maximum opening deposit is £9 million.
- You can have up to five Access Saver accounts and name each one.
5. Can I withdraw money?
Yes. You can make as many withdrawals as you like from this account and there are no charges for doing so.
After 12 months the account will change to an Instant Access Savings Account. Before this happens, we'll contact you to explain your options and next steps.
6. Additional information
Gross rate means we won’t deduct tax from the interest we pay on money in your account. You will need to pay any tax you may owe to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. Whenever you see an advert for a savings account which shows an interest rate, you will see the AER. This means you can use the AER to compare accounts. It shows what the interest rate would be if your interest was paid and compounded once each year.
For more definitions, view our savings glossary.
Other ways to apply:
Call us on 0345 602 0304. Lines are open Mon to Fri 7am-10pm, Sat and Sun 8am-6pm.
Or, book an appointment at your local branch at a time to suit you.
Already have a savings account with us?
If you have got a Bank of Scotland easy access savings account, you can renew it into an Access Saver without the need to open a new account.