Moving home mortgages
Ready to make your next move? We're here to help.
Your mortgage could cost you less than you think
If you’re looking for your next home, your monthly payments could be lower than you expect with our mortgage deals.
Use our mortgage calculator to explore our deals and find out how much you could borrow.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
How to apply
At Bank of Scotland we are proud to offer our customers mortgages provided by the Halifax, who have over 160 years' experience helping people own their homes.
1. Apply for an Agreement in Principle
Firstly, you'll need an Agreement in Principle (AIP). As we provide Halifax mortgages, you'll need to complete an AIP on the Halifax website. This will give you an indication of how much you could borrow based on your income, outgoings and other financial commitments.
- It's free and you're under no obligation to apply for a mortgage.
- A soft credit check will be carried out with no effect on your credit rating - even if you're declined.
- The amount we could lend you isn’t guaranteed and is subject to a full mortgage.
- Required before you can begin your full mortgage application.
If you apply between Monday to Saturday 6am-10pm or Sunday 6am-9pm you'll receive your decision on the spot. Otherwise we'll give you a decision the next day.
2. Begin your full mortgage application
Once you have your Agreement in Principle from the Halifax, you'll need to speak to one of our qualified mortgage advisers to get a personalised recommendation on the mortgage term, product and rate that is right for you.
You can begin your full mortgage application over the phone or in a Bank of Scotland branch:
- call us on 0345 300 2297. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.
- or come into a Bank of Scotland branch - you'll need to book an appointment beforehand.