Stay up to date with Mobile Banking app notifications
How to change the notifications we send you.
Choose which alerts you’d like to get
- Receive an alert when you use your debit card, or when money goes in or out.
- Get a summary of what you’ve spent on your debit card each week.
- Stay on top of your credit card payments and limits.
- Keep track of Everyday Offers and how much cashback you’ve earned.
We may also need to send you a notification to check it’s you when shopping online.
To adjust your preferences in the app
Frequently asked questions
These are called push notifications. You get them on your mobile phone or tablet. They come from the app to tell you something about your money or your account.
To get notifications, your device needs to be connected to the internet.
Type ‘notifications’ into the search bar at the top of the page in the app. Then select ‘notification preferences’.
If you prefer, you can tap the icon in the top right hand corner of the home page in the app. Then select 'Settings'. Then select 'Notifications' from the list.
Sometimes we have to send you important texts and emails even if you have told us you don’t want push notifications.
It’s quick and easy to select the types of notifications you want to get. For example, we can tell you when money comes in or goes out of your account, or when you make a purchase on your debit card.
You can find out more on the notifications page in the app.
- To receive notifications, you’ll have to have to have data enabled. This also means that when you’re abroad, you’ll only receive notifications if you have roaming enabled, or when you connect to Wi-Fi. Your mobile network may charge you for roaming services, so please check with them.
- If you decide you no longer want to receive notifications, you can switch some or all of them off in the app. We’ll send you the notifications you’ve chosen to activate and we might occasionally send you service information. We won’t use notifications for marketing messages.
- If you delete and reinstall the app, or switch to a different device, you’ll need to enable notifications again.
If you are new to the app or change your device, you'll need to enable notifications again.
To do this, you'll need to toggle on notifications in the app and on your phone.
If you need help with this, view the notifications page in the app. Just turn on the notifications you want, and if your device settings aren’t turned on, we’ll show you how to do it.
Important legal information
Please note: Our Mobile Banking app is supported by devices running iOS or Android. The app is not compatible with some older versions of the operating systems. Check the App Store or Google Play for more details.
We don't charge you for Mobile Banking but your mobile operator may charge you for certain services, such as downloading or using the app, so please check with them.
If your phone has been subjected to unauthorised modifications (e.g. jailbroken or rooted) the app will not be compatible with your device.
Android/Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Apple, the Apple logo, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
It may be unlawful to use some Internet and Mobile Banking services in some countries. Please check before you travel. Services may be affected by phone signal and functionality.
Terms and conditions apply.
Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.