Alerts help you manage your money and avoid charges by reminding you when you need to pay cleared funds into your account. They can also help you avoid going into an unarranged overdraft. You will be automatically enrolled into our updated alerts service if we have an up to date mobile number for you. You can check the number we have for you - or provide one - through Internet Banking, in a branch, or by calling us on 0345 721 31410345 721 3141 (+44 1313 37 42 18 from outside the UK).
To help you minimise charges we’ll let you know by text when:
- You have less than £50 left in your account.
- You're about to use or you've started using your arranged overdraft.
- We’ve started to charge you for using an arranged overdraft.
To stop these alerts, text STOPA to 64447 or to opt back in, text STARTA to the same number.
To help you manage your balance we’ll let you know by text when:
- You are within £50 of using an unarranged overdraft.
- You need to pay money in the account to cover a standing order.
- We refuse a payment.
- You’re about to use or have started using an unarranged overdraft.
To stop these alerts, text STOPU to 64447 or to opt back in, text STARTU to the same number.
Opting in and out of these alerts is free from a UK mobile number. You can stop all overdraft alerts by texting STOP to 64447 or to opt back in, text START to the same number. Stopping alerts may mean you incur avoidable costs. Your preference to opt in or out of alerts will be applied to all your accounts.
If you have a Youth / Islamic / Basic account, we will only send you unarranged overdraft alerts.
We will also send you text alerts when:
- We are asked to change your phone number.
- You set up a new person or company to receive a payment or
- We need to speak to you before we make a payment.
- We suspect any fraud related activity.
You cannot stop these alerts.
You can receive mobile alerts abroad, but please check with your service provider for any charges you may incur. If you have an international number registered with us, you may be charged when using the opt-out service.
If you opt-out you may miss important messages about your account so make sure you keep track of your balance and regularly check your statements through Mobile, Internet or Telephone Banking.