Overdraft alerts can help you manage your finances and avoid charges. The alerts will remind you when you need to pay cleared funds into your current account. This can help you avoid going into an unarranged overdraft.
To help you minimise charges we’ll let you know by text when:
To stop these alerts, text STOPA to 64447 or to opt back in, text STARTA to the same number.
- You're about to use or you've started using your arranged overdraft.
- We’ve started to charge you for using an arranged overdraft.
To help you manage your balance we’ll let you know by text when:
To stop these alerts, text STOPU to 64447 or to opt back in, text STARTU to the same number.Opting in and out of these alerts is free from a UK mobile number. You can stop all overdraft alerts by texting STOP to 64447 or to opt back in, text START to the same number. Stopping alerts may mean you incur avoidable costs. Your preference to opt in or out of alerts will be applied to all your accounts. If you have a Youth / Islamic / Basic account, we will only send you unarranged overdraft alerts.
- You need to pay money into the account to cover a standing order.
- We refuse a payment.
- You’re about to use or have started using an unarranged overdraft.
We will also send you text alerts when:
You cannot stop these alerts.
- We are asked to change your phone number.
- You set up a new person or company to receive a payment or
- We need to speak to you before we make a payment.
- We suspect any fraud related activity.
You can receive mobile alerts abroad, but please check with your service provider for any charges you may incur. If you have an international number registered with us, you may be charged when using the opt-out service.
If you opt-out you may miss important messages about your account so make sure you keep track of your balance and regularly check your statements through Mobile, Internet or Telephone Banking.
Our text alerts can help you manage your savings accounts. We’ll send text messages to your mobile phone once we have your up-to-date contact number. You can opt out of this service if you don’t want to receive these alerts. To do so, please send us a text message.
- To stop alerts about your savings account application, text ASTOP to 82332
- To stop alerts about your existing savings account, text BSTOP to 82332
You can opt back in to this service if you change your mind in the future. Please send us a text message to restart the alerts.
- To receive alerts about your savings account application, text ASTART to 82332
- To receive alerts about your existing savings account, text BSTART to 82332
Please check with your phone provider to see if you will be charged to send SMS messages.
Please note opting-out requests may take up-to 24 hours to be applied. During this time, you may still continue to receive SMS from us in relation to your savings account.
Banking with us is even better with the app
You can also use our Mobile Banking app to keep track of what's going in and coming out of your account at any time, including checking your balance and pending transactions. It’s secure, convenient and free.