Need some help?
To help you find the information you need quickly, we've answered lots of common enquiries below. We recommend taking a look at these first, and if you don't find the answers you're looking for, please get in touch.
Speak to us
If you'd like to talk to us about a query or complaint, please get in touch using one of the options below.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we’re taking a little longer than usual to get back to you.
To make sure we support vulnerable customers who need our help the most, we’ll look at their complaints first.
This means it could take over 8 weeks to review some complaints sent through our online form.
If you need help more urgently, we're here. Please phone or message us through our Mobile Banking app, or visit us in branch. Otherwise, please know that we’re working on your case as quickly as we can.
You can email us at: OnlineComplaints@bankofscotland.co.uk
Although we provide you with an e-mail address, you need to be aware that e-mail is not a secure way to get in touch. You might feel more comfortable using our secure online complaint form, where you can provide us with all your details securely in one go.
If you decide to e-mail us, do not quote any sensitive account information such as your account numbers, we won't be liable for any lost data you supply. But to help us resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, please include:
- Your full name
- First line of your address and postcode
- The banking product your complaint is about (if applicable)
- As much information about the complaint as you feel able to give (excluding account numbers and sensitive account information)
- Any particular actions you should wish us to take to resolve your complaint
- A contact number and the best times to contact you, as we'll call you once we've received your e-mail.
If you contact us online we will receive your complaint/Feedback sooner.
If you choose to write to us, please include your account details and address along with the above information.
You can write to us at:
Bank of Scotland,
PO Box 761,
- We will do all we can to resolve your complaint on the same day.
- If we do not manage to resolve the complaint within 5 working days we'll write to give you an update and let you know when you can expect a full response.
- Once all the details of the complaint have been investigated, (we may call you for further details) we will issue a ‘final response’ to your complaint.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum number of days to issue a final response:
- If your complaint relates to payment services or e-money (e.g. Direct Debit, Online Transaction) we aim to issue a final response within 15 business days after receiving your complaint. Should something outside of our control cause a delay, the FCA gives us a maximum of 35 business days.
- For all other types of complaint the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us eight weeks to issue a final response but we will aim to get your complaint resolved well before this deadline.
Bank of Scotland is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, which offers an independent review service. If you are still not happy with the agreement we have proposed, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to look at your case for free.
We can provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Please note: You may be able to submit a claim through the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform if you live outside the United Kingdom or if you prefer not to deal directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service.
We will treat your complaint in exactly the same way whether we receive the complaint directly from you or from a Claims Management Company (CMC). You do not need to use a CMC and they will typically charge an upfront fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. By coming directly to us you will not be disadvantaged.