Help with a complaint
We are sorry you are not happy with the service you have received. To help support you, we have a list of common enquiries below. Let us try to help you and if you still wish to make a complaint you can find the details about how to contact us on this page.
Let us help you with some common enquiries
Still wish to make a complaint?
If you'd like to talk to us about a query or complaint, please get in touch using one of the options below.
Secure Online Form
Please note that we're currently prioritising our most vulnerable customers. This means it could take between 1-8 weeks for us to come back to you with a resolution.
Please note: By completing this form you consent to us recording all the details you share, however we'll only use what you tell us in relation to this complaint.
If you contact us online we will receive your complaint or feedback sooner.
If you choose to write to us, please include your account details and address along with the above information.
You can write to us at:
Bank of Scotland,
PO Box 761,
- We will do all we can to resolve your complaint on the same day.
- If we do not manage to resolve the complaint within 5 working days we'll write to give you an update and let you know when you can expect a full response.
- Once all the details of the complaint have been investigated, (we may call you for further details) we will issue a ‘final response’ to your complaint.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum number of days to issue a final response:
- If your complaint relates to payment services or e-money (e.g. Direct Debit, Online Transaction) we aim to issue a final response within 15 business days after receiving your complaint. Should something outside of our control cause a delay, the FCA gives us a maximum of 35 business days.
- For all other types of complaint the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us eight weeks to issue a final response but we will aim to get your complaint resolved well before this deadline.
Bank of Scotland is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, which offers an independent review service. If you are still not happy with the agreement we have proposed, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to look at your case for free.
We can provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
We will treat your complaint in exactly the same way whether we receive the complaint directly from you or from a Claims Management Company (CMC). You do not need to use a CMC and they will typically charge an upfront fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. By coming directly to us you will not be disadvantaged.
Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.