Classic Credit Card
Will I be accepted
See how likely you are to be accepted for a Bank of Scotland credit card. Your credit rating will not be affected and there is no obligation to apply for a credit card afterwards.
You may be offered the Classic Credit Card if you apply for a card in our main range but don’t qualify.
Important information about our credit cards:
- You must be aged 18 or over and a UK resident to apply for a Bank of Scotland credit card.
- If you are successful in applying, you will be offered a credit limit and may be given one or more promotional offers. These will be based on your current status.
- You will lose your promotional offers if you exceed your credit limit or don’t make your minimum monthly repayments on time.
- You can transfer balances to us (£100 minimum) from most credit cards and some store cards (if they have the Mastercard®, Amex® or Visa® logo). This excludes Bank of Scotland cards.
- Pay 0% interest for up to 16 months on balances you transfer in the first 90 days from account opening.
- 3% fee on balance transfers in the first 90 days from account opening.*
- Pay 0% interest on purchases you make in the first 6 months from account opening.
Keep in Mind: Any foreign usage will incur a Non-Sterling transaction fee of 2.95% on the amount of the sterling transaction value.
*Minimum £100 balance transfer. A 5% fee applies on each balance transfer made after the first 90 days.
Any purchases you make after the introductory purchase offer period has ended, will incur interest at the standard rate, unless you pay off your entire credit card balance (including any balance or money transfers) in full and on time each month.
Representative example [?]
Based on borrowing
This example is for illustrative purposes and serves as a guide only. Your actual credit limit will vary based on your individual circumstances and may differ from the example shown.
About your card
Here are some of the extra benefits you get with your Bank of Scotland Credit Card
- Get cover against online fraud and have your transactions protected by Bank of Scotland Secure when you shop online with selected retailers. Find out more about Bank of Scotland secure.
- You can take care of your card online with Internet Banking and the Mobile Banking app.
- You'll have more flexibility and control over your finances: it's easy to make payments to your card in just a few hours.
- You can use this card in more than 43 million Mastercard® locations in the world.
What does APR mean?
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) tells you how much your borrowing will cost you over an average year. It takes into account the amount of interest charged as well as any other fees you will have to pay (such as annual fees). The APR helps you compare credit cards in an easy and fair way.
What APR will I get?
If you are accepted for this credit card, you will get a representative rate of 27.9% APR (variable).
Bank of Scotland Credit Cards are issued by Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No.SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration no. 169628.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.