Activate your credit card now
It's quick, easy and secure to set up your card online.
Set up your credit card online
It's quick and easy to activate your new credit card with our secure Internet Banking. You'll need to have your credit card to hand; we'll need details from the card and some of your personal information to complete the activation. If you’re already registered for Internet Banking you’ll need your sign in details.
When you activate your credit card you'll be given the opportunity to choose additional services that may benefit you. Services include:
- making a balance transfer.
- signing up for paper-free statements - online statements are available for credit cards via Internet Banking, making it easier to manage your account
- setting up a Direct Debit - this can be for a fixed amount or percentage, the minimum or the full outstanding balance.
If you're not registered with Internet Banking, you’ll still have the opportunity to register once you’ve activated your credit card, you can then take advantage of these services.
1. I'm not registered for Internet Banking, can you tell me more about the service?
Internet Banking is a safe, simple and convenient way to stay in control of your money.
Here are some of the benefits of Internet Banking:
- Feel Safe – You’re protected by our Fraud Guarantee
- Easy to use – It’s simple to register and support is always available
- Stay in control – Keep track of what's going in and coming out of your account at any time
- Save time – No queues or busy times. Bank anytime and anywhere with our Mobile Banking services.
2. How do I register for Internet Banking?
It's easy to register and takes about 5 minutes to complete.
- Enter your personal details
Name, date of birth, postcode and account details for one of your Bank of Scotland accounts.
- Choose a username and password
You will need access to a phone and we may need to send you an activation code in the post.
- Log in to Internet Banking
Log in using the username and password you’ve chosen.
3. Do I need to activate my replacement card?
You will not need to activate your replacement credit card, unless the sticker on the card asks you to do so.
4. How do I activate an additional card?
The main cardholder must activate any additional card, as the 16 digit credit card account number of the main cardholder is needed. You can activate the additional card online, by calling the number on the credit card sticker or you can pop into your local branch.
5. Do I need to activate my credit card before I can use it online?
Yes, for security purposes you need to activate your credit card before you can use it.
6. Can I personalise my PIN number?
Its easy to change your PIN to a number you already know – a memorable date, for instance. You can change your PIN at most UK cash machines. Just insert your card and using the PIN we've sent you, follow the on-screen instructions.
7. I've forgotten my PIN number?
If you’ve forgotten your PIN, you can request a PIN reminder which will be sent through the post. You’ll receive your reminder by post in 3-5 working days.
Just select one of the following options:
- Sign into Online Banking - Use our replacement cards and PINs service by selecting it from the ‘More actions’ tools.
- Use our Mobile Banking app and select the account action button ( the 3 dotted icon) for your chosen account.
- Call us on: 0345 964 5645 (7am - 11pm, seven days a week) or +44 (0) 1733 574 121 if you're calling from abroad.
Please note: for security purposes, we can't tell you what your PIN number is over the phone.