How to send money outside the UK using Internet Banking or Mobile App?
This step-by-step guide will show you how you can easily send money abroad or in a foreign currency using Internet Banking or Mobile App and give you helpful hints and tips.
- Tap the ‘three dots’ in the top right corner of the account you’d like to send the payment from.
- Tap ‘Send money outside the UK’.
- Select 'Pay someone new' if you are sending money abroad for the first time to a new recipient and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are sending money to someone you've paid before choose 'Select an international recipient’.
- Type in how much you'd like to send in pounds (GBP). The foreign currency amount will update automatically.
- If you prefer, you can type in how much you'd like to send in a foreign currency. The pounds (GBP) amount will update automatically.
- Click on the flag icon if you prefer to send money in a different currency to our standard currency for the recipient's country.
- Select 'Continue' to review payment details. If you need to change anything select 'Edit payment details' and after making changes select 'Continue'. Once you are happy with the details, select 'Confirm Payment' to complete the payment request-you may be asked to input your password for security purposes. If you're sending money to a new recipient you may be asked to verify the transaction through a phone call so have your phone to hand.
- Select ‘More actions’ on the account you want to make the payment from.
- Select ‘Payments and transfers’.
- Select 'Send money outside the UK’.