Legal Expenses Cover
Underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited.
You can add Legal Expenses Cover to your annual policy from £21.12.
Legal Expenses Cover offers support when you need to protect and negotiate your legal rights. With up to £50,000 cover available it’s a reassuring level of protection when you most need it.
- Employment disputes - covers the costs and expenses for a dispute relating to your or your family’s contract of employment or future employment for your or their work as an employee.
- Contract disputes - gives you protection in disputes over personal contracts for the buying or selling of goods and services.
- Personal injury - the policy will pay for the legal representation needed to pursue a personal injury or clinical negligence claim.
- Property protection - provides legal representation for a civil dispute relating to material property owned by you.
- Jury service - covers your net wages for the time you are absent from work.
- Legal advice centre - 24/7 access to a telephone legal service, giving access to detailed legal advice for any personal legal issue, even if it isn’t covered under the policy.
- Clinical negligence - covers the costs and expenses for your rights after an identified negligent act of surgery or identified negligent clinical or medical procedure, which causes death or bodily injury to you.
- Tax protection - covers the costs and expenses for you following a comprehensive examination by HM Revenue & Customs that considers all areas of your self-assessment tax return, but not enquiries limited to one or more specific area.
- Legal defence - covers the costs and expenses to defend your legal rights if an event arising from your work as an employee leads to you being prosecuted in a court of criminal jurisdiction or civil action being taken against you under discrimination legislation or Section 13 of the Data Protection Act.
Points to note
- DAS will only pursue claims resulting from incidents that occurred while your cover was in place.
Limits, terms and exclusions apply, see our policy booklet for full details.
Calls will be recorded and may be monitored for training and/or quality purposes.