Home Emergency cover
Add Home Emergency cover to your home insurance policy.
You can only get Home Insurance Select directly with us.
Our Home Emergency cover
You can add Home Emergency cover for just £3.16 a month (£37.95 per year). It helps protect against the cost of emergency repairs not normally covered by your home insurance.
This cover is provided by Allianz Assistance.
It's an extra layer of protection against emergencies that:
- make your home unsafe or insecure
- cause damage to your home and its contents or
- result in your home losing its main source of heating, lighting or water.
If the safety of your home is at risk and you need help fast, Home Emergency Cover gives you access to a 24-hour home emergency helpline. A skilled and reliable tradesperson will come to your home to carry out the necessary repairs up to a value of £1,000 per emergency for:
- total failure of electricity supply within your home
- repairs necessary to external doors, external windows and external locks to make your home safe or secure
- loss of heating or hot water due to failure or breakdown of main heating system
- repairs to make the roof of your home watertight during wet weather. This may be a temporary repair to prevent further damage.
This policy does not cover day to day maintenance . It does not include cover for domestic appliance breakdown or routine service checks. Keep in mind, if you have an Ultimate Reward Current Account you will already have home emergency cover. For full terms and to find out what is and isn't covered, please see our policy booklet.
Ready to get a quote?
Get a quote in minutes. You can only get Home Insurance Select directly with us.
Bank of Scotland Home Insurance Select is underwritten by Lloyds Bank General Insurance Limited. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.