If you have a general enquiry, question or complaint, we can help. If your question is account specific you’ll need to sign in first.
Please note, we are unable to update debit card details or place/amend deals or TradePlans over Web Chat.
Before contacting us
Like all businesses we have to work differently amid concerns regarding COVID-19 and prioritise the safety of our staff and customers. As a result we are working with reduced resource which is impacting the following services:
- Call centre: our call centre will only be open to provide services to vulnerable customers (including calls related to bereavement), password resets (where you can't do this online), corporate event elections and trading. if you have online access then you will be able to elect for all corporate events and trade as usual.
- Call centre opening times: our opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. If you have a question about international trading, we have very limited capacity for Web Chat and calls between 5pm and 9pm.
- Tax year end opening times: we will be open until 5pm on Friday 3rd April. We will not be open on Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th April.
- Corporate events: we will only communicate events which require a decision and action from you.
- US trades: processing of W8-BEN forms will be slower than usual.
- Transfers: we have temporarily paused all inward transfers of stock and cash, and transfers between accounts.
- TradePlans: you can no longer set up new TradePlans. All existing TradePlans will stay active until they trigger or expire.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
- For general enquiries:
Customer Services Department
Bank of Scotland Share Dealing Limited
Lovell Park Road
- SIPP administration enquiries:
Bank of Scotland SIPP Administration Team
AJ Bell Management Limited
4 Exchange Quay
Please include your name, address and account details in all letters so we can locate your account.
The Financial Ombudsman offers an independent review service. If you have a complaint about our service which we’re not able to resolve for you ourselves, you can ask the Ombudsman to look at your case for free.
Please bear in mind that the Financial Ombudsman Service will only help if you’ve already referred a complaint to us. We will endeavour to put things right, however if you are not happy with the way in which we handled your complaint or the result, you may be able to complain to the Ombudsman. If you do not take up your problem with us first you will not be entitled to complain to the Ombudsman.
Details of how to contact the Ombudsman are below:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
If you have entered into an agreement with us online you may direct your complaint through the European dispute resolution platform.
Bank of Scotland Share Dealing Service is operated by Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Registered in England and Wales no. 3195646. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2RG. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN under registration number 183332. A Member of the London Stock Exchange and an HM Revenue & Customs Approved ISA Manager.