Your Visa debit card at a glance
- Use it to buy both big and small items.
- Use it worldwide, wherever you see the Visa symbol.
- A safe and convenient alternative to carrying cash.
- A secure payment method for total reassurance.
- If you have a Contactless debit card, you can also make contactless payments.
Whether it’s grabbing a bite to eat or booking this year’s sunny break, your Visa debit card is the easy way to pay.
- Flexible enough to use for everyday shopping and larger one-off items.
- Book or buy securely on the web or over the phone.
- Pay your bills easily, whether they’re one off or regular.
- Withdraw up to £500 a day.
- No need to queue at an ATM, get up to £100 cashback at most supermarkets.
Withdraw money from any cash machine that shows the LINK or VISA sign.
You can use your VISA debit card for purchases and to withdraw cash at ATMs when you go abroad, just look for the VISA symbol. Your Bank of Scotland debit card offers the following benefits:
- Convenient and safe - Your Bank of Scotland debit card works in just the same way abroad as it does at home.
- Good value and a convenient alternative to travel money from the high street.
- Accepted all over the world - Pay for hotels, sightseeing, shopping and dining out.
- Flexible - Order items and presents online in any currency.
- Although you can use your Bank of Scotland Visa debit card abroad, only Contactless cards issued after 17th November 2017, including replacement cards, can be used worldwide wherever you see the contactless symbol.
Charges will apply for using your VISA debit card abroad. For more information on charges, visit our travel section.
Going abroad soon? You no longer need to tell us
You no longer have to tell us when you are travelling abroad. Our fraud and security systems are always on the lookout for suspicious activity on your accounts meaning you can relax when you are away making going abroad stress free.
Before going abroad
- Check overseas fees here.
- Ensure your cards do not expire when you are away. Please check your expiry date.
- Take another form of payment in case of emergency.
- Ensure your contact details are up to date, update here. Please note we are always monitoring and reviewing your accounts, and will always act in your best interest in blocking or declining a transaction until you confirm it is authentic.
- Take note of our overseas number to call in an emergency: +44 (0) 173 357 4121.
Have an enjoyable trip!
1 To be eligible for Everyday Offers you need to be over 18, have a Bank of Scotland current account (Bank of Scotland Basic bank accounts are excluded), a Bank of Scotland debit and/or credit card and be registered for Internet Banking. Once you’ve activated Everyday Offers, just activate each offer to earn cashback on your next purchase.
Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.