Your Visa debit card at a glance
- Use it to buy both big and small items.
- Use it worldwide, wherever you see the Visa symbol.
- A safe and convenient alternative to carrying cash.
- A secure payment method for total reassurance.
- If you have a Contactless debit card, you can also make contactless payments.
Using your debit card at home
Whether it’s grabbing a bite to eat or booking this year’s sunny break, your Visa debit card is the easy way to pay.
- Flexible enough to use for everyday shopping and larger one-off items.
- Book or buy securely on the web or over the phone.
- Pay your bills easily, whether they’re one off or regular.
- Withdraw up to £500 a day.
- No need to queue at an ATM, get up to £50 cashback at most supermarkets.
- Withdraw money from any cash machine that shows the LINK or VISA sign.
Using your debit card abroad
Next time you’re planning to go abroad, you can use your Visa debit card for all your purchases and to withdraw cash at ATMs, just as you do at home wherever you see the Visa symbol. Charges will apply for using your Visa card abroad.
- Convenient and safe - Your Bank of Scotland debit card works in just the same way abroad as it does at home.
- Good value and a convenient alternative to travel money from the high street.
- Accepted all over the world - Pay for hotels, sightseeing, shopping and dining out.
- Flexible - Order items and presents online in any currency
If you are planning to use your debit card overseas, let us know before you travel:
- If you are registered for Internet Banking, log in and fill in our online form. You can do this by clicking on ‘Going abroad? Tell us' located under the your account tools menu on Your accounts.
- Alternatively, call us on 03457 21 31 41 for bank accounts, or 03457 29 39 49 for credit cards (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or visit your local branch.
- If you have a hearing or a speech impairment you can use Textphone on 03457 32 34 36. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.30pm.
It’s also a good idea to save our overseas number (+44 (0) 1313 392 573) on your mobile in case you need to get in touch with us. 3 To use your Visa debit card hassle free when you go abroad make sure we hold your up-to-date mobile or best contact number. 4