Our Personal Loan is available as a joint loan.
You can apply over the phone and manage your loan online and by using our apps.
- 6.7% APR representative on loans from £7,500 to £25,000 over 1 to 5 years
- Make additional payments with no charge
- Manage your loan in branch, over the phone or online.
Other loan amounts are available at different rates. Loans available from 1 – 7 years. How much we lend and the rate available are subject to our assessment of your circumstances.
What you need to know
- When you apply for a joint loan, you each agree to pay off the whole debt if the other person doesn't
- Once you have a joint loan, your credit files will be linked. If you apply for credit in your own name in the future, a credit search would be able to see the other person’s credit history and take that into account as well as your own
- If you fail to make your loan repayments your credit file may be impacted and we may charge you an administration fee of £25
- If you make an early settlement we will charge you up to 58 days’ interest.
You can apply if both applicants:
- are Bank of Scotland personal current account customers of at least 1 month (excluding Easycash) or have a mortgage, credit card or loan with us
- are not in full time education
- are in paid employment or have a regular income
- are aged 18 or over
- are a UK resident (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- have not have been declined for credit in the last month or have a history of bad credit
- are not applying for any of these reasons.
Apply over the phone
You can apply for a joint loan over the phone by calling 0345 604 7291. Lines are open 8am-10pm seven days a week.
When you apply over the phone only one applicant needs to be present, however if accepted both applicants will need to sign the documents sent to you.
If a joint loan isn't right for you and you'd prefer to apply as a single applicant, find out more about our Personal Loan.