Transfer to us
Before deciding to transfer investments to an account with us, you should make sure that you understand the charges that apply to our accounts. Please see our overall charges for full charges information.
Transferring an account from another provider
If you would like to transfer a share dealing account held with another broker to us, you’ll need to open a Bank of Scotland Share Dealing Account, Stocks & Shares ISA or SIPP.
We aim to complete all account transfers within 30 days however international stocks and funds can take 6 - 8 weeks to transfer.
Please note, we no longer accept transfers of trail-bearing (‘dirty’) funds.
- Transferring into a Bank of Scotland Share Dealing Account or Stocks and Shares ISA:
After you've opened your share dealing account all you need to do is log in and complete our online transfer form, then just print it, sign and post it to the address on the transfer form and we will get in touch with your existing broker to start the transfer.
If you don’t have access to a printer we can post your transfer form to you, just click ‘please post my form to me’ once you’ve completed the form.
- Transferring into a SIPP:
After you’ve opened your Bank of Scotland SIPP you’ll need to print, complete and post our SIPP transfer form to the address on the form.
How to deposit share certificates
- Before you can deposit any certificates you will need to open a Bank of Scotland Share Dealing Account.
- Simply download and print out a Transfer Form and a CREST Transfer Form for each stock holding.
- Complete, sign and return the forms, attach the relevant share certificates and return to the address provided on the transfer forms.
You will be unable to trade any stocks being deposited into your account whilst the transfer is pending. We can only transfer holdings where there is no change in beneficial ownership i.e. the account name should match the name on the certificate. We also recommend that you send your certificate by recorded or special delivery as we accept no responsibility for the loss of any certificates.
Depositing share certificates into a Stocks and Shares ISA
It isn’t possible to directly transfer a certificate into your ISA unless it has come from an approved HMRC scheme/plan (see Transferring shares from an HMRC approved scheme/plan). To transfer the shares into your ISA, you can:
- Open a Bank of Scotland Share Dealing Account and a Bank of Scotland Stocks and Shares ISA.
- Deposit the share certificate into a Bank of Scotland Share Dealing Account. This takes approximately 10 working days.
- Once the stocks are showing in your account, place an order to sell. This can be done online or over the phone.
Please note, If you are selling stocks online you will not be able to transfer settled funds into your Bank of Scotland Stocks and Shares ISA for 2 working days. Selling online or over the phone may also trigger an event for Capital Gains Tax purposes.
- Call us to transfer the sale proceeds into your Stocks and Shares ISA.
- You can then invest in any ISA eligible investment. Again, this can be done online or over the phone.
Any trades you place online will cost £12.50 dealing commission per trade. Telephone commission will vary depending on the value of your trade as follows:
Telephone Trades Table
Telephone Trades Table
£25.00 per trade
Bank of Scotland Share Dealing Service is operated by Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Registered in England and Wales no. 3195646. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2RG. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN under registration number 183332. A Member of the London Stock Exchange and an HM Revenue & Customs Approved ISA Manager.