The flexible way to access your savings.
Earn 0.50% gross/AER variable introductory rate for 12 months.
- Start saving from only £1
- Unlimited withdrawals and deposits (with no loss of interest)
- Instant access to your money via branch, phone, Internet Banking or Cashpoint® Card
Your account pays an introductory variable rate of 0.50% gross/AER interest for the first 12 months. After 12 months you will move to a lower variable rate of interest, currently 0.20% gross/AER. Before this happens, we'll contact you to explain your options and next steps. Not applicable
Interest rates (AERs)
We will pay your interest gross, which means that we will not deduct tax automatically from your interest. You are responsible for paying any tax due to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Find out more about how we pay your interest.
Conditions for bonus payment
No notice period.
Unlimited withdrawals with no loss of interest.
Online, phone, branch & ATM with optional Cashpoint® Card
Your account pays an introductory variable rate of 0.50% gross/AER interest for the first 12 months.
After 12 months you will move to a lower variable rate of interest, currently 0.20% gross/AER. Before this happens, we'll contact you to explain your options and next steps.
Additional information about the Access Saver
- Variable rate interest means the rate you earn can go up or down.
- Interest paid annually on anniversary of account opening. We will pay your interest gross, which means that we will not deduct tax automatically from your interest. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may need to pay tax on the interest you earn and it will be your responsibility to pay any tax you may owe to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
- If you would like to make your account a joint account, once it is open, just print and complete the additional party form and call into your nearest branch.
- Make sure that both you and the joint account holder go into branch together and bring proof of identification. We recommend booking an appointment.
- Alternatively, you can request to add an additional account holder over the phone by calling 0345 602 0304 (lines are open Mon to Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 9am-5pm).
UK resident personal customers aged 16+. If you are a non-UK resident and wish to find out about the savings products that may be available to you, please call the International Banking team on 0800 876 6555 (or +44 207 451 6212 if calling from abroad). Lines are open Mon to Fri 8am-6pm and Sat 9.30am-1.30pm, UK local time.
Open an Access Saver today.
Existing Bank of Scotland savings customers
If you have got a Bank of Scotland easy access savings account, you can renew it into an Access Saver or Exclusive Saver without the need to open a new account.
Please note, from 2 September 2016, we are making some important changes to our account conditions and information.
We recommend that you download and read the account conditions (PDF) carefully as they form a legal contract with us. If there is anything you do not understand, please contact us before you agree to them (as part of the application).