Help and guidance if you need to support or care for someone close to you.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to care for and support someone close to you.
Three ways we can help:
If someone you know can’t get to the branch but needs to make a bill payment or small cash withdrawal you can help them. Just come in and talk to our branch colleagues about how we can put this in place. We will need suitable ID from you so we can confirm who you are - such as passport or photo driving licence. The branch will then phone the account holder to make sure they know you and agree that you can act on the account holder’s behalf. We will need a valid phone number for the account holder on record to do this.
To protect you and our staff, we’ve put social distancing measures in place in our branches so you can bank with us safely. You'll also be asked to wear a face covering. When you visit, we may ask you to wait outside if it’s busy and things may take a little more time to complete, but we’ll help you as quickly as we can, so please bear with us.
You can also do your everyday banking at your local Post Office. You can check your balance, make withdrawals and pay cash or cheques into your current account at Post Office counters. Make sure you check their website for up-to-date information about opening hours.
Can we save you a trip? Managing your money from home is the safest way right now, and there’s so much you can do online:
- Internet Banking or on our app – to stay on top of payments, you can manage direct debits and standing orders, and even pay in a cheque on our app (up to £1,000 per cheque and £2,000 in total per day).
- Planning a move? To keep your moving plans moving, you can calculate your borrowing online, as well as speak to a Mortgage Adviser over video or phone.
- Need to manage your overdraft? Visit our overdraft hub.
- Applying for a loan? More information on loans.
- Need a home insurance quote? Visit our home insurance hub.
Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.
Calls and online sessions may be monitored and/or recorded for quality evaluation, training and to ensure compliance with laws and regulations. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.