When you have held your mortgage with us for at least 6 months, you may ask to borrow more money against your property. We call this additional borrowing.
You could lose your home if you don't keep up your mortgage repayments
When considering additional borrowing the following apply:
- Minimum borrowing is £10,000
- No arrangement fee
- You must have had a mortgage with us for more than 6 months
- Your payments must be up-to-date for the 3 months before you apply
- Our mortgage advisers will recommend which loan best fits your needs and circumstances and how it will affect your monthly mortgage payments
- Additional borrowing is subject to valuation, income, affordability and credit checks.
To borrow more you'll need to contact us. The telephone number you need to call depends on your mortgage account number. Your account number may have recently changed. Check your latest mortgage statement or sign in to Internet Banking to view your mortgage details.
If your mortgage has a 14 digit account number that starts with 10 then your mortgage is provided by the Halifax. You can call on 0345 850 3705 Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm Sat 9am - 4pm.
You can find current rates on the Halifax website.
If you have an account number that starts with 70 you can apply for additional borrowing on your mortgage. To find out more please call us on 0345 850 0842.
Please be aware that our mortgage advisers will ask you about your needs and circumstances and then recommend our most suitable mortgage for you.
If you have an account number that starts with anything other than 70 or 10 then please contact us on 0345 071 0231 to discuss your options.
Our opening hours are 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday.