Managing your credit card
Your Credit Card
- 1. Jump to Add a cardholder
- 2. Jump to Changing your credit limit
- 3. Jump to Your credit card PIN
- 4. Jump to Closing your credit card account
Your Credit Card
Add a cardholder
- You can share your credit card account and credit limit with anyone aged 18 or over, subject to application.
- As the main cardholder, you're responsible for all spending on the card. You're also responsible for making the monthly payments.
- You'll see all your card spending on your monthly statement. Only the main cardholder will be able to view the credit card online.
- Should you decide to remove an additional cardholder, you will still be responsible for the card until it has been destroyed. If you cannot get the card back, please call us.
To add, remove or amend a cardholder:
- You can call us on 0345 964 5645 (7am -11pm, seven days a week)
- Log in or register for Internet Banking. Click on the ‘More actions’ box next to your credit card and then ‘Account services’.
Changing your credit limit
We require at least six months payment history on your account before you can request an increase of your credit limit. You can decrease your credit limit at any time after your card has been activated.Back to top
You can apply to increase or decrease your credit limit online, simply select the ‘more actions’ button on your credit card account and then the ‘manage credit limit’ button, or you can call 0345 964 5645 (Mon-Fri, 7am - 10pm and Sat-Sun, 8am - 6pm).
From time to time we may write to you offering a credit limit increase. If this happens, we will give you 30 days notice before any change will take effect. Should you wish to decline the change, call 0345 964 5645 (Mon-Fri, 7am - 10pm and Sat-Sun, 8am - 6pm).
Your credit card PIN
You can change or unlock your credit card PIN at any cash machine that displays the Link symbol. You cannot unlock your PIN abroad.
If you've forgotten your PIN, you can get an instant reminder in the Mobile Banking app. Find out how to check your PIN in the app.
If you don’t have the app, you can find out how to download it here.
If you’d prefer a paper reminder, we can send you a PIN reminder in the post. You’ll receive it in 3-5 working days.
To request a reminder:
- Log in to Internet Banking and use our replacement cards and PINs service by selecting it from 'Your account tools‘.
- Contact us on 0345 964 5645 (7am -11pm, seven days a week).
Reporting a lost or stolen card
You can report your card as lost or stolen online, if you are registered for Internet Banking. Simply log in and complete our online form.Back to top
Planning to go abroad
You no longer need to tell us when you are going abroad, our fraud and security systems will always be on the lookout so you can relax when you are away.Back to top
Your Personal details
Changing your name
Step 1: download and complete a ‘Changes to customer name’ form. This form is available by logging in to Internet Banking and selecting ‘Change details’ from the ‘Your profile’ tab at the top of the page. You can also pick up the form in branch.
Step 2: visit your local branch with the completed form and proof of your name. Alternatively, post your completed form and proof of your name.
You must have an original or a certified copy of the name change document, for example:
- Deed poll
- Marriage certificate or civil partnership registration document
- Divorce papers or dissolved civil partnership papers
- Passport/driving licence
Payments and statements
Making credit card payments
- Direct Debit – you control how you pay so you’ll have one less thing to sort out each month. There are 3 ways to pay:
- Full payment - clears the total balance shown on your monthly statement
- Minimum payment - collects just the minimum payment shown on your monthly statement
- Fixed amount or percentage - pays a fixed amount or percentage each month. We will always collect at least the minimum payment.
- One-off payment - all payments will show on your statement by the next working day:
- Bank of Scotland account - log into Internet Banking and select the ‘Pay credit card’ button. If you’re using the mobile banking app, select ‘Make a Payment’ from the menu button next to your card.
- UK debit card - log into Internet Banking and select the ‘Pay credit card’ button. Then choose ‘Debit card from another UK bank’ in the drop-down list.
- Call 0345 964 5645 (7am - 11pm, seven days a week) to pay from a Bank of Scotland current account or with a debit card from another UK bank.
- Pop into branch with your credit card to make a cash or cheque payment.
- Post a cheque made payable to Bank of Scotland followed by your credit card number to Card Services, Bank of Scotland (190), PO BOX 187, Sheffield, S98 1LJ. Only send cheques via the post and use blue or black ink. Allow 7 working days for the payment to reach us.
- International payment when making a payment from an overseas bank account you may be asked for the following details:
IBAN – GB38LOYD30675699067997
BIC/SWIFT – LOYDGB21705
Back to top
However you choose to pay, you need to check that your payment will reach your account by the payment due date. Find out more about how payments are processed here.
Changing your payment due date
You can change the date of your monthly credit card payment to one that is more convenient for you. To change your due date online log in to Internet Banking and select the ‘more actions’ button on your credit card account, then the ‘paying your credit card’ button. Or you can call us on 0345 964 5645 (7am -11pm, seven days a week).Back to top